Â Â Â
- Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty - 20 October 2012Â
- Pelvic Fractures - 22 January 2013
- Controversies in Hip Arthroscopy - 9 April 2013Â Â
- HTO vs Unicompartmental Arthroplasty - 1 July 2014
SICOT Ortho Excellence Programme (OEP)
This programme has been organised under the aegis of SICOT Education. As conceptualized, a well-known international SICOT surgeon presents a webinar on the second Friday of every month. This is open to orthopaedic surgeons in India and other parts of the world. In India it is targeted to 5,000 surgeons. The programme has a website called www.sicotoep.com and it is financially supported by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.ÂThe schedule of webinars is as follows:
- Friday, 28 March: Matthew Abdel, Tad Mabry (Mayo Clinic, United States)
Revision TKA: Restoration of the metaphysis, reconstruction of the extensor mechanism, and overview of deep periprosthetic infections
- Friday, 11 April: David Hak (Denver, United States)
Pelvic ring fractures
- Friday, 9 May: Evalina Burger (Denver, United States)
Spinal stenosis - new surgical options
- Friday, 13 June: Matthew Costa (Coventry, United Kingdom)
Periprosthetic distal femoral fractures
- Friday, 11 July: Cyril Mauffrey (Denver, United States)
The management of acetabular fractures
- Friday, 8 August: Michael Gardner (Washington University, United States)
Proximal humerus fractures
- Friday, 12 September: Gregory DellaRocca (Columbia, United States)
The management of complex pilon fractures
- Friday, 10 October: Thierry Judet (Paris, France)
The management of aseptic tibial non union
- Friday, 14 November: Bruce Ziran (Atlanta, United States)
Humeral shaft fractures
- Friday, 12 December: Ashok Johari (Mumbai, India)
Newer Advances in Paediatric Orthopaedics and Trauma
Previously held webinars:
Dr Ashok Johari, India, August 2012, "Decision Making in Lower Extremity Trauma in Children"
Prof Gershon Volpin, Israel, September 2012,Â "Polytrauma"
Prof Khaled Emara, Egypt, October 2012, "Fractures of the Tibia"
Prof Pierre Hoffmeyer, Switzerland, November 2012, "Fractures of the Femoral Shaft"
Prof Peter Biberthaler, Germany, 14 December 2012, "Fractures around the Knee"
Prof Vilmos VÃ©csei, Austria, 11 January 2013, "Treatment of Femoral Neck Fractures"
- Prof James Waddell, Canada, 8 February 2013, "Trochanteric Fractures"
The webinars are archived on the website and one can go to the website and listen to the lectures at leisure. FAQs with answers are also put up on the website for ready reference and a MCQ test can be taken. In India, after every webinar, a handbook consisting of the lecture slides, the FAQs and the answers is distributed to all registered surgeons.
Snapshots of the webinar proceedings in a few centres, typically an orthopaedic department of medical colleges in India: